Wednesday, July 30, 2008

5 things I learned at Zoo Camp

1. The zoo knew what it was doing when it took the 3-4 year olds out of regular camp, moved them to "Sprout Camp" in the Botanical Gardens, and required parental involvement. Cruel but smart.

2. In the U.S., Venus flytraps are indigenous only to North and South Carolina. Never knew that.

3. All turtles have exactly 13 scales on their shell.

4. My 3 year old was the only kid who firmly believed that finger painting should be a full body experience.

5. My 5 year old flirts with boys. I saw her. I watched helplessly from the pick-up line while it all went down in slow motion. She used the head-tilt-shoulder-shrug-look-at-one-boy-while-whacking-another-boy-on-the-head-with-a-paper-towel-tube move. Both boys giggled. Shoot me now.

No comments: