1. Containing 18 five-year olds for three hours is more difficult than deposing a neurosurgeon.
2. Teenagers are much more responsible, knowledgeable, and helpful than I remember.
3. Having 18 small children hold onto a rope and pretend to be a train is an effective way to get from point A to point B. But watch the corners; by the time you realize your engine took the corner too tightly, your Caboose is in trouble.
4. The kid you thought would be difficult will surprise you; he will be the only one to give his entire bag of skittles to his friend who really likes skittles.
5. Don’t take your eyes off the kid you thought would be difficult.