Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Scots at the Beach

Another wonderful annual family beach extravaganza. This time it was even more fun because my Great Aunt Iza made the trip. My Aunt Betty drove down with Iza, and my cousin Kristen flew down with her sons Johnny and Tyler. The girls immediately velcroed themselves to the boys. I had forgotten about how Amanda constantly followed Tyler around last year, but Amanda sure remembered. She was back at it, only she still calls him Johnny. Their conversations consisted of the following:

Amanda: Johnny?
Tyler: Tyler.
Amanda: Johnny?
Tyler: Tyler.

Over and over and over again. Tyler never lost his cool, he just went with it.


The real Johnny (who is part ninja and part kamikaze) seemed to use this to his advantage. Johnny operates best in stealth mode, and by the time the pantry door opens and he walks out (trust me, you won't see him go in), there is no telling how much candy he has devoured.



Iza is 92 and hops around like she is 20. One night it was about 10:30 pm and we were all exhausted, everyone but Iza and my Mom were already in bed. Iza was sitting on the couch doing a cross word puzzle as my Mom was turning off the kitchen lights. I heard Iza say "where is everyone?" and then heard my Mom laugh and say "Iza! Everyone is in bed!"

It was my Mom's birthday, and because she doesn't care for sweets, we made sure she had three desserts to choose from: brownies, angel food cake with whipped cream and strawberries, and fresh peach pie.


My Mom was reading Harry Potter and at one point she was talking with Tyler about her favorite Jonas brother. Everyone seems to be getting younger. Even my cousin who is training for a triathlon. I can't be certain, but I think this might be the Curious Case of the McWilliams Clan. I'm still getting older, so I'm not sure exactly when I start to reverse. I'm ready.

Some pictures of the fun...


No comments: