Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Old School Wii

This is actually on a t-shirt and I thought it was adorable.

Kids these days, with their fancy Wii and decked out personal playgrounds.

Back in the day my brother and I had to walk all the way across the street to get to a playground. Then when we got home, I would annihilate him via 5200. Actually, he always won and I usually just wanted to play super breakout. (Mike, you owe me like 100,000 games of breakout by the way). The point is, there was no guitar attachment, no virtual experience, and you were always tethered to the television by a short cord. If you were lucky you got a stack of quarters and a trip to the arcade where you could sit at a wooden box and try to maximize the Frogger experience.

Everything was simple back then - Atari gave you some beeps, some boops. You had to use your imagination for anything beyond 5 colors in round or square. It was good that way. Suffering builds character.

No comments: