Friday, August 22, 2008

The Blythe

Chocolate Chai Cupcake with Chai Buttercream Frosting

Happy Birthday Blythe!

In honor of your birthday, and the Indian party theme, we have prepared "The Blythe" cupcake. You are the first to receive this cupcake dedication, but we hope to start a tradition for all family birthdays.

I've wanted to make this cupcake since I first found the recipe, but must admit I took a huge shortcut. I used a chocolate cake mix and just added the chai spices. The frosting is officially from scratch and has already received a thumbs up from Jack and Amanda. Never would have guessed fennel as part of a chai spice mix.

Amanda was a big helper. Jack mostly watched, but also decided that he enjoys freshly grated ginger, which Amanda gave him while I wasn't looking. Best of all, the house smells amazing!

Cheetah Girls, ready or not, here we come...

No comments: