Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Elephants



We don't usually get this close to the elephants, so this was very exciting for Elizabeth. But it started to get a little creepy because after a while, what do you do when you run out of things to talk about? A little awkward. Allow me to reenact...


Elizabeth: Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness! Hi, elephant! Mom, look how close! Daddy, Daddy, look! Oh my gosh, oh my gosh. Hi, elephant. I love you. I love you, I love you, I love you. What are you doing? Eating? That's what you're eating? Gross. I love you elephant. I'm never this close, this is awesome!


2 minutes later:


Elizabeth: so... yeah, you're so cute. I don't have any food or anything. Mom, why is it still looking at me? I love you elephant. So...it's hot today isn't it? You gonna go get wet? There's some water over there. No? Okay, that's cool. You're so awesome elephant.


1 minute later:


Elizabeth: What? What? Oh man, I think that baby giraffe is calling my name. That sucks 'cause I'd love to stay here. Because I love elephants more than anything. But... you know, it's a baby giraffe and he was just born and everything so it might hurt his feelings if I ignore him. So... stay awesome, k? I'm gonna go now. You should go get wet! Oh, you're just gonna watch me walk away? Okay. Well, so, I'm just gonna... hey look - ants!


Elizabeth runs away yelling "Pachyderms rule!"*


*This isn't an exactly what happened, but it was awkward for Elizabeth and I do like to exaggerate.

No comments: