Thursday, December 11, 2008

Boomerang Nightmares

Last night Amanda had a terrible dream and came into our room screaming about scary boomerangs. Since it was the middle of the night, I didn't go for details, I just tried to calm her down and get her back to sleep. This morning, the following conversation took place:

Amanda: Elizabeth! I had a scary dream last night.

Elizabeth: You did?

Amanda: You were there and I was there, and we were in a different house, and we were trying to go upstairs and there was boomerangs flying and one hit you and your body opened, and there was bones and blood and then you was dead.

Elizabeth: Amanda, if a lightening bolt hit me and made a hole, I wouldn't die, I would just have to go to the hospital and they would sew me back up.

Amanda: Ohhhhhhhhh! I was scared that you died.

Elizabeth: It isn't a boomerang, it was lightening bolt.

Amanda: It was boomerangs.

Elizabeth: Lightening bolt.

Amanda: No, 'member like on Peter Pan when the pirates shoot the boomerangs from the machines on their ship?

Elizabeth: Yeah, those are lightening bolts that come from those machines.

Amanda: They're orange?

Elizabeth: No, they're black.

Amanda: Oh, well that's what I dreamed about. Those things made you die. But I didn't know you didn't die!

{SISTER HUG}

No comments: